What do you know about the Ugandans at Heart Forum?
The goals of the UAH are, without limitations, as follows:
- To promote better acquaintance, understanding, friendship and cooperation among Ugandans all over the world.
- To act as a link between Ugandans abroad and Ugandans at home.
- Providing potential investors and financial institutions with information on the changes in global and regional markets and in agro industry systems which could mean business opportunities for those interested;
- Provide space for Investors, Promoters and other stakeholders to dialogue and network on investment proposals privately or in open sessions;
- To share research and knowledge about different issues
- To attempt to ensure that our member’s interests in Uganda and elsewhere are taken into account in all policy making
- To provide a forum for frank and open discussion on matters of interest and concern to Ugandans
- To encourage members to participate in the economic, social and cultural activities in Uganda
- To be a voice for all Ugandans especially those in diaspora
1. Anyone who is a Ugandan by nationality can become a member. In this context, the term ‘Ugandan’ shall mean anybody born in Uganda or naturalized as a Ugandan citizen.
2. Anyone who loves Uganda or who has got Uganda at Heart can become a member. If you describe yourself as socially tolerant and fiscally responsible, you’re a Ugandan at heart.
The more than 30,000-strong UAH membership is an integrated federation of Ugandans all over the world. Anybody can become a member regardless of their political association, social status, tribe, religion, gender and clan.
The forum’s mission is to preach the gospel of the truth in our society. The forum does not officially fund any political party though members can do this individually.
UAH and political parties
The forum is neutral in matters of party politics. However, political parties and their supporters can always use it to fundraise for their own parties or politicians. The forum is not attached to any particular political party in Uganda and it welcomes all members of different political parties. In other words, every Ugandan is welcome to join this forum.
The forum does not:
* Endorse, discourage or oppose political parties, candidates or platforms. However, members can individually endorse, promote or oppose political parties, candidates or platforms. The owner of this forum is allowed to express his political opinions on an individual basis. Any official position of the forum must bear the expression suggesting that it is being issued on behalf of Ugandans at heart forum.
* Attempt to direct or dictate to a government leader. However, the forum members can use it as a way of expressing their dissatisfaction over government decisions or policies on an individual basis. Then it is up to the government to act on these thoughts or not.
The forum does:
* Encourage its members to play a role as responsible citizens in their communities, including becoming informed about issues and voting in elections.
* Expect its members to engage in the political process in an informed and civil manner, respecting the fact that members of the forum come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and may have differences of opinion in partisan political matters.
* Request candidates for office not to imply that their candidacy or platforms are endorsed by the Ugandans at Heart forum.
* Reserve the right as a group to address, in a non-partisan way, issues that it believes have significant community or moral consequences or those directly affect the interests of Ugandans.
What shouldn’t I post?
Do not post:
- Profane or obscene, or spiteful comments
- Messages that abuse, denigrate or threaten others
- Any racist, sexist, discriminatory or otherwise harmful statements that are offensive
- Any personal information about children under 14 years old.
- Descriptions that intrude on the privacy of another person, including revealing personally identifiable information such as their name or address
- Text that promotes illegal or immoral conduct
- Repeated posts that make the same point excessively
- Repeated unwelcome messages that harass or embarrass other members or participants.Please post items that will appeal to the widest numbers of our members.
- Any form of “spam,” including advertisements. Any body posting an advert will require the permission of the head moderator.
- Messages from other forums that break any of the rules of UAH.Private conversations or photos should be posted to private members
- Photos of members without their a member has posted his own picture in a thread or in a Salute, then this is considered giving permission. Otherwise, do not use their picture. Anyone posting another member’s picture without permission will be disciplined(start moderating their messages). When messages are moderated, they take longer to appear on the forum as we have to approve them first.However, posting photos of public figures is allowed on the forum without their permission. It does not matter whether they are members of UAH or not.